Thursdays: January 30, February 6 & 13; 6:00-8:00 pm
Come take part in a friendship-themed, flower-inspired knit-along this February! Between January 30 – February 14, we will be making Reywa’s beautiful two-color Rose Hat from their luxurious 100% Yak down Embrace yarn, during 3 Thursday evening Open Stitch sessions.
The hat requires two different colors of yarn, but doesn’t require a full skein of either. We’re making it possible for you to participate as a “Yarn Buddy,” by splitting skeins with another participant, which means you will only pay for 1 skein, but still have the two colors you need for the hat!
While the event is free to participate in, we still need participants to enroll so we can pair buddies and to be eligible for the grand prize. ENROLL HERE or click the classes tab and add the Rose Hat KAL event to your Cart and check out.
Of course, you can take part in the KAL without being a Yarn Buddy (ENROLL HERE) or you can be a Yarn Buddy (Rose Hat Yarn Buddy Form) but not do the knitting in February, or you can order the supplies and not even come to the shop! (See more information about each of these options below).
How to participate as a Yarn Buddy:
- Fill out the Rose Hat Yarn Buddy Form to indicate your color preference (1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice) for each of the three possible color pairs we’ve chosen for the Yarn Buddy KAL. The Rose Hat Yarn Buddy Form will open in a separate tab or window in your browser. You’ll see examples of each of the color pairs on the sign up form. Signup for the KAL must be done by January 29.
- After completing the buddy form, return to the classes tab and add the Rose Hat KAL event to your Cart and check out. You will receive email confirmation of your registration. If we have any questions about your form responses, we’ll be in touch.
- On January 29th, we will match up KAL “buddies” based on color preference and notify you of your color-pairing. You will receive 65% of one color of Embrace and 35% of the other in the color-pairing. Your Yarn Buddy will receive the reverse amount of each color, so you and your Yarn Buddy will be knitting hats of inverse colors.
- Come into the shop to pick up and pay for your Reywa Fibers Embrace color-pair ($41.50) between January 30-February 14. Copies of the Rose Hat pattern will be provided free to KAL participants. If you are unable to come into the shop to pick up your yarn, please call the shop to discuss shipping options.
Participating without being a Yarn Buddy:
- You are welcome to choose your own colors of Embrace for the KAL, if you are purchasing the two colors on your own. You may also use Reywa yarn that you have in your stash. If you are not participating as a Yarn Buddy, you do NOT need to complete the Yarn Buddy sign-up form.
How does the KAL work?
- Each Thursday during the KAL (January 30, February 6, and February 13), we will provide free help and support for the Rose Hat pattern during our weekly Open Stitch time from 6 – 8 pm.
What if I can’t come to the shop during Open Stitch?
- No time to knit in February, or can’t make it to the Thursday Open Stitch times? No problem! You can sign up for the KAL by January 29, pick up your yarn and pattern at the shop by February 14, and create your hat at your own pace. Unfortunately, you’ll miss out on the KAL help and fun of being a part of the group on Thursdays, but you can still make the hat!
What’s in it for me, if I finish my hat?
- Participants who complete a hat by February 14th are eligible for a special prize drawing! The grand prize includes one skein of Reywa Embrace, a zippered project bag, and a Reywa pattern of their choice ($65 value). Please email a photo of your completed hat to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight CST on February 14 .
Questions? Stop by or call the shop, or email email@example.com.