updated 05-08-20 at 8:30pm
We are open for remote shopping, as described below, but closed to foot traffic in support of Minnesota’s Stay at Home order. We hope you will follow us on social media to stay involved with Open Stitch, Knit-Alongs, and the other community activities that are continuing online.
How to Shop at Northfield Yarn
- By phone: We are at the shop Monday through Saturday from 10am – 2pm (507-645-1330) to help you over the phone. We can take payment with a credit card or gift card number. If you no one answers when you call, we are busy with another customer
- By e-mail: Send inquiries to email@example.com. Please allow 1-2 days for a reply. In many cases, we are able to send photos of items via email to help you in making selections remotely. We recommend that payment for email orders be made over the phone, using a credit card or gift card number.
- Online: Check out our online shop at northfieldyarn.com. Our entire inventory may not be there, but it has lots of great stuff and we are adding to it steadily.
- Virtual Shopping Appointment: In order to better serve customers who are trying to select yarn for a particular project, or simply want some relaxed time to look around at options, we are trying out individual virtual shopping appointments, via telephone, FaceTime, or Zoom. Click this link to make your appointment!
- Local delivery (often same- or next-day) for $5 or free for orders over $25. Northfield, Dundas, and Faribault only. If you want to choose this option with a webstore order, please include a note in the comment section when you place the order.
- Shipping. $5 shipping within Minnesota (generally ships out within a day or two). $8 flat rate for out-of-state. Shipping is free for orders over $50.
- Curbside PIckup. We will place your package on the pickup location just outside our front door. The time will be pre-arranged, so that your package will not have to wait for you for long.
Classes and Gatherings
In light of the MDH guidance, we have cancelled all classes and gatherings for the time being. Our classes are small, but we are not able to accommodate the social distancing recommendation, which is six feet per person, and many of our customers are among the group most vulnerable to this virus. This cancellation applies to our weekly Punchcard Clinics, as well. We are currently exploring options for online classes and help sessions, so stay tuned.
If you have paid for a class that has been cancelled, we would love to transfer your registration to a future class (and we do intend to reschedule cancelled classes to a later date, although at this point we are looking at mid-May at the earliest). Alternatively, we can issue you a refund.
Our Commitment to Safety
As we fill orders during this time, we are committed to following the state’s guidelines about social distancing, and we promise that no one experiencing symptoms will handle your order at Northfield Yarn. Please understand, however, that due to the nature of our products we cannot disinfect them for you.
Thank you for your support as we negotiate our way through these uncertain times. Keep Calm and Cast On!