updated 07-31-2020 at 10:30 pm
Expanded (but limited) In-Store Shopping
We are open for limited in-store shopping Monday through Saturday from 10-5. While we are open six days a week, this is not a return to “business as usual.” We are allowing up to two people at a time to shop in the store for up to 30 minutes. Please be understanding if you have to wait for the shop to become available.
We will be taking a variety of precautions for everyone’s safety, including wearing face masks, keeping our distance, and cleaning hands and surfaces frequently. We ask that you follow the following precautions if you choose to shop in the store:
- Please reschedule your visit if you or anyone in your household is experiencing cold or flu symptoms.
- Wear a face mask (required by state-wide Executive Order).
- Hand sanitizer is available at the door and we ask that you please use it before entering the shop.
- While in the shop, leave six feet of space between yourself and others
- Be judicious about what you touch — we’re not saying you can’t touch things, just refrain from touching all the things. 🙂
- Please respect the 30-minute time limit.
- Sorry, no cash transactions or public restroom.
Private Appointments Available on Saturdays
For customers who prefer to limit their contact with others, we offer private appointment times on Saturdays 10:30-4:30. You can reserve your appointment at this link, or by clicking the “Book Now” button on our homepage.
You Can Still Shop Remotely if You Prefer
- By phone: We are at the shop Monday through Saturday from 10am – 5pm (507-645-1330) to help you over the phone. We can take payment with a credit card or gift card number. If no one answers when you call, we are busy with another customer
- By e-mail: Send inquiries to email@example.com. Please allow 1-2 days for a reply. In many cases, we are able to send photos of items via email to help you in making selections remotely. We recommend that payment for email orders be made over the phone, using a credit card or gift card number.
- Online: Check out our online shop at northfieldyarn.com. Our entire inventory may not be there, but it has lots of great stuff and we are adding to it steadily.
Receiving Orders Remotely:
- Local delivery (often same- or next-day) for $5 or free for orders over $25. Northfield, Dundas, and Faribault only. This option is available for phone orders only; it is not available in the webstore.
- Shipping. $8 flat rate shipping within the United States. Shipping is free for orders over $50.
- Curbside Pickup. We will place your package on the pickup location just outside our front door. The time will be pre-arranged, so that your package will not have to wait for you for long. If you order through the Online Shop, use the coupon code “CURBSIDE” at checkout to avoid the shipping fee and add a note to your order requesting to be notified when your order is ready for pickup.
Classes and Gatherings
In light of current state guidelines, we have cancelled all classes and gatherings for the time being. Our classes are small, but we are not able to accommodate the social distancing recommendation, which is six feet per person, and many of our customers are among the group most vulnerable to this virus. This cancellation applies to our weekly Punchcard Clinics, as well.
We do provide knitting help via Zoom in our Remote Knit Clinic, which you can sign up for under the Classes tab or by clicking this link. We are also offering a limited number of remote classes via Zoom. Sign up for our email newsletter to find out about remote classes, or check the Classes tab for current offerings.
We hope you will follow us on social media to stay involved with Open Stitch, Knit-Alongs, and the other community activities that are continuing online.
Our Commitment to Safety
As we fill orders during this time, we are committed to following the state’s guidelines about social distancing, and we promise that no one experiencing symptoms will handle your order at Northfield Yarn. Please understand, however, that due to the nature of our products we cannot disinfect them for you.
Thank you for your support as we negotiate our way through these uncertain times. Keep Calm and Cast On!