updated 06-15-20 at 8:30am
We are open for remote shopping Monday through Friday 10-5, and for limited in-store shopping on Saturdays from 10-5. We hope you will follow us on social media to stay involved with Open Stitch, Knit-Alongs, and the other community activities that are continuing online.
How to Shop Remotely at Northfield Yarn
- By phone: We are at the shop Monday through Friday from 10am – 2pm (507-645-1330) to help you over the phone. We can take payment with a credit card or gift card number. If no one answers when you call, we are busy with another customer
- By e-mail: Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 1-2 days for a reply. In many cases, we are able to send photos of items via email to help you in making selections remotely. We recommend that payment for email orders be made over the phone, using a credit card or gift card number.
- Online: Check out our online shop at northfieldyarn.com. Our entire inventory may not be there, but it has lots of great stuff and we are adding to it steadily.
- Virtual Shopping Appointment: In order to better serve customers who are trying to select yarn for a particular project, or simply want some relaxed time to look around at options, we taking individual virtual shopping appointments, via telephone, FaceTime, or Zoom. Click this link to make your appointment.
Receiving Orders Remotely:
- Local delivery (often same- or next-day) for $5 or free for orders over $25. Northfield, Dundas, and Faribault only. If you want to choose this option with a webstore order, please include a note in the comment section when you place the order.
- Shipping. $5 shipping within Minnesota (generally ships out within a day or two). $8 flat rate for out-of-state. Shipping is free for orders over $50.
- Curbside PIckup. We will place your package on the pickup location just outside our front door. The time will be pre-arranged, so that your package will not have to wait for you for long.
In-Store Shopping on Saturdays
Consistent with Minnesota’s latest Stay Safe order, we are opening for limited in-store shopping one day a week. On Saturdays from 10-5, we will permit up to two people at a time to shop in the store for up to 30 minutes.
We realize that the two-person limit may result in the shop being frequently unavailable. To help you avoid any frustration, we are making in-store shopping appointments available. To reserve time for you and up to one companion to shop in the store, use the “Book Now” button on the home page, or click this link.
We will be taking a variety of precautions for everyone’s safety, including wearing face masks, keeping our distance, and cleaning hands and surfaces frequently. We ask that you follow the following precautions if you choose to shop in the store:
- Please reschedule your visit if you or anyone in your household is experiencing cold or flu symptoms.
- Wear a face mask (available for $1 in case you don’t have one).
- Hand sanitizer is available at the door and we ask that you please use it before entering the shop.
- While in the shop, leave six feet of space between yourself and others
- Be judicious about what you touch — we’re not saying you can’t touch things, just refrain from touching all the things. 🙂
- Please respect the 30-minute time limit.
- Sorry, no cash transactions, reusable bags, or public restroom available.
For your future reference, you can download this list of precautions at this link.
Classes and Gatherings
In light of the MDH guidance, we have cancelled all classes and gatherings for the time being. Our classes are small, but we are not able to accommodate the social distancing recommendation, which is six feet per person, and many of our customers are among the group most vulnerable to this virus. This cancellation applies to our weekly Punchcard Clinics, as well. We do provide knitting and crochet help via Zoom in our Remote Clinic, which you can sign up for under the Classes tab or by clicking this link.
If you have paid for a class that has been cancelled, we would love to transfer your registration to a future class (and we do intend to reschedule cancelled classes to a later date, although at this point we are looking at August at the earliest). Alternatively, we can issue you a refund.
Our Commitment to Safety
As we fill orders during this time, we are committed to following the state’s guidelines about social distancing, and we promise that no one experiencing symptoms will handle your order at Northfield Yarn. Please understand, however, that due to the nature of our products we cannot disinfect them for you.
Thank you for your support as we negotiate our way through these uncertain times. Keep Calm and Cast On!