We had so much fun with our 2019 Craft the Parks knitalong that we're partnering with dyer Lorajean Kelley of Knitted Wit and designer Shannon Squire to do it again in 2020!
NEW THIS YEAR
New Knitted Wit bases! Our May National Parks yarns are available in DK and Fingering as well as Sock.
- Knitted Wit DK: 100% superwash merino. 280 yards/4 oz
- Knitted Wit Fingering: 100% superwash merino. 400 yards/4 oz
- Knitted Wit Sock: 80% superwash merino, 20% nylon. 420 yards/4 oz
- New crochet sock pattern! Our own Jody wrote a special #socksonstaycay pattern using Knitted Wit DK, called Bobby's Socks. Crocheters can now get in on the makealong fun.
- Free patterns with purchase! Our staff love Knitted Wit yarns so much that not only did Jody design the Bobby's Socks pattern, but Brianna created the Bias Knit Cowl to make the most of one special fingering-weight skein. Bobby's Socks is free with the purchase of Knitted Wit DK, and the Bias Knit Cowl is free with the purchase of Knitted Wit Fingering, Pixie Plied or Sock. Go here for information about how to order May Knitted Wit National Parks yarns. Knitted Wit Birds & Bees Pixie Plied limited edition colorways are available online.
- May Express Project! Our monthly Express Projects for May are two DK-weight shortie socks: Jody's Bobby's Socks and Shannon's Down Time socks, both made with Knitted Wit DK. As always, Northfield Yarn Annual Club members get 15% off the yarn used in our Express Project.
2020 National Parks Collector’s Club
Northfield Yarn will receive four new colorways of Knitted Wit National Parks-inspired yarns every month from May – August. If you purchase any of these yarns, you will receive a postcard and a stamp from us. If you buy any four colors from May 1 to Labor Day, you’ll get a special Knitted Wit patch. If you buy all 16 colors, you’ll get the patch AND an enamel pin! (May's yarns are already here -- check them out!)
#socksonvacay #socksonstaycay Makealong 2020
Make socks between May 1 and Labor Day using Knitted Wit yarn and Shannon Squire’s sock patterns (new Socks for Busy B's 5 pattern collection released May 1)! Share photos on Instagram using #socksonvacay, #socksonvacay2020, and #socksonstaycay2020 AND tag @knittedwit and @shannonsq. Shannon has also started a Ravelry thread for the KAL. Prize winners will be chosen by Shannon and Knitted Wit in September!
You can join us at any of our online Open Stitch sessions to work on your socks and get help from our staff. Laura has committed to finishing three pairs of socks this summer!