Northfield Yarn opened for business in September 2011. Somehow ten years have passed since then! To mark the occasion, we have a celebration planned for Saturday and Sunday, September 25th & 26th. We'll extend our hours to give you more time to visit, and we have SO many fun things planned!
- Saturday, September 25, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Sunday, September 26, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Giveaways for the first 30 visitors each day, including:
- A Northfield Yarn cookie from CookieCart.org (a St Paul business that provides first-job experience and leadership training for teens)
- An special anniversary tote bag with purchases of $75 or more
Exclusive new items, including:
a hand-dyed yarn made especially for our 10th Anniversary by Knitted Wit in an exclusive new colorway inspired by a favorite local spot
- yarn bowls, trinket bowls, mugs, and stitch markers by local potter Dawn Malcolm (designed to coordinate with our 10th Anniversary yarn!)
- a brand new pattern perfect for our 10th Anniversary yarn (free with the purchase of the yarn, Saturday and Sunday only)
- fresh off the press: a pattern book of Northfield Yarn designs, including old favorites, a couple of new surprises, and memories from the past decade sprinkled in for fun
Chances to win prizes, including:
A grand prize drawing for three coordinating hanks of Knitted Wit Sock, an adKnits merit badge, and a $25 gift certificate.
- Frequent Fiber Points! If you have enrolled in our loyalty program, you are earning points when you buy yarn and you get a coupon worth $20 when you accumulate 200 points. A couple of customers have opted not to redeem their points so that we can share them as part of our celebration! So over the weekend we'll give away 200 donated Frequent Fiber points to one customer each hour randomly selected from the transactions that hour. (Fine print: you must be enrolled in the program to win.)
Learn to Embroider on a 10th Anniversary Project Bag
We are offering a class on Saturday Sept. 25th from 1-3pm in which you will receive one of our limited edition 10th Anniversary Project bags and a kit of embroidery supplies, and learn how to make your bag your own with some basic embroidery stitches.
All supplies provided and no previous experience necessary! Click here to register or for more information.
Do you live too far away to visit?
You can still celebrate with us! All of the special new things that are still in stock after Sunday, September 26 will be made available in our webstore.
Also, we'll be running a contest on Instagram with its own prize, generously donated by Skacel, with a retail value over $75. The IG contest will begin on Friday (9/24) and the winner will be chosen at random at 5pm Sunday (9/26) from everyone who follows us and likes the post.
We hope you'll leave a comment, too, sharing a memory from the past 10 years of Northfield Yarn!
💚💙 Thank you for your support -- we absolutely could not have reached this milestone without you! 💙💚