For the past four years, yarn makers, dyers and pattern designers have come together to encourage support of independently-owned, brick-and-mortar local yarn stores by offering limited edition yarns or kits and free or discounted patterns to LYS customers on one Saturday in April. We are always grateful for the outpouring of love and enthusiasm that we experience on that day.
This year, it may look a bit different due to COVID-19 safety protocols, but we are still celebrating! Please be patient if you need to wait to come into the shop so we can maintain a safe distance between customers. Ordering by phone and choosing curbside pickup is an option for those who prefer not to enter the store. Some of our LYS Day specials are also available online. To help you plan your shopping, here's a list of all the fun things we have in stock for you this Saturday!
New and Limited Edition Yarns and Fiber
- We are excited to be a new stockist for Emma's Yarn! Check out the 22 colors of Super Silky we received this week.*
- Minnesota-based Blue Sky Fiber's new Skyland yarn launched this week. It's available in Hillsdale Hat Kits or as a pre-order for the Calgary Capelet KAL, which starts April 19. Plus, any purchase of Blue Sky Fiber yarns from April 16 - 18 gets you a download code for a free pattern!*
- New local dyer Kato Yarn Company (based in Mankato) created an exclusive LYS Day colorway called Snap!Dragon. We have this cheerful color in fingering weight, lace-weight mohair, and sock sets (one full skein of fingering with a matching mini-skein for toes and heels).
- Spinners and crocheters are not left out! We have limited-edition LYS Day fiber braids and crochet kits from Frabjous Fibers.
Free with Purchase
- Double Frequent Fiber Points with every purchase! Earn 2 Frequent Fiber Points for each $1 you spend on yarn. Every 200 Frequent Fiber Points you earn gets you $20 off your next purchase of $50 or more.
- Free pattern with every purchase! Local designer Cori Eichelberger is generously offering a free download code for her Kite Tail Shawl with every purchase at Northfield Yarn.*
- Free gift with purchase of $60 or more! Get one Northfield Yarn faux suede garment tag in your choice of three colors, custom-made for us by Katrinkles.
Patterns, Patterns, Patterns!
- Download code for one free Blue Sky Fibers pattern with any purchase of Blue Sky Fibers yarn (valid on Ravelry and Blue Sky Fibers website)*
- Free PDF e-book of 7 Berroco patterns with any purchase of Berroco yarns (PDF will be e-mailed to you by Northfield Yarn)*
- Free pattern for the Berkeley Square Scarf with any purchase of Cascade Yarns (PDF can be printed or e-mailed to you by Northfield Yarn)*
- Discount code for 50% off local designer Andrea Sanford's new Blooming Grace Hat pattern (valid on Ravelry) with any purchase of Jamieson & Smith yarns*
- Download code for free copy of Double the Stitches' LYS Love Cowl with purchase of one skein of worsted-weight yarn to make the cowl (valid on Ravelry and Double the Stitches website)*
Promotions with an asterik (*) after them are available both in-store and online. Promotions with no asterik are available in-store only.
About Local Yarn Store Day
Local Yarn Store Day is a brick-and-mortar yarn shop appreciation day created by members of the National Needle Arts Association. The fourth annual LYS Day will take place on April 17th, 2021 and is designed to show support for small businesses while bringing together a unique community of knitters, crocheters, weavers and spinners to drive awareness and celebrate the craft. Vendors and retailers alike are coming together to showcase the benefits of locally owned yarn stores through an array of special products, classes, and more!