Northfield Yarn is excited to join Lisa Daehlin, New York knitting designer and opera singer with connections to Northfield, in her Love People, Be Kind movement.
For the last several years, Lisa has been crocheting small hearts with the message LOVE PEOPLE, BE KIND and leaving them in places around New York and everywhere she travels. She gives them to people or places them where passersby will see them. We love the message, so we are encouraging all Northfield knitters and crocheters to join us as we expand Lisa’s movement. How??
- Click on one of the links below to find the pattern for either a knitted or crocheted heart pattern. These can be done in any size and color.
- Knitted Hearts, by Sylvia Leake Knitted Hearts (on Ravelry)
- Crocheted Hearts, By Jody Ouradnik Hearts for Random Acts of Kindness (on Northfieldyarn.com under the pattern button)
- Attach a tag inviting people to post a picture of the heart and include #lovepeoplebekind and #NorthfieldYarn. You can make them yourself, pick them up at the shop, or print them from this pdf.
- Keep a stash of hearts and carry some with you (Lisa always seems to be running out). Whether you are in town or traveling, find places to put your hearts where they will be seen and hand them out to people you meet.
Questions? Email the shop at email@example.com