updated 11-20-20 at 10:30am
Pressing "Pause" on In-Store Shopping
I light of the recent increase in COVID cases in Rice County, Northfield Yarn has decided to return to telephone orders and curbside delivery only starting Saturday November 21st.
We will still be open for business seven days a week, Monday - Saturday 10-5:30 and Sunday 12-4, but our doors will not be open for in-store shopping. We encourage you to use one of the following options:
- By phone: We are at the shop Monday through Saturday from 10am - 5:30pm and Sunday 12-4 to help you over the phone (507-645-1330). We can take payment with a credit card or gift card number.
- By e-mail: Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org and please understand that it may take us a few hours to reply. In many cases, we are able to send photos to help you in making selections remotely. We recommend that payment for email orders be made over the phone, using a credit card or gift card number.
- Online: Check out our online shop at northfieldyarn.com. It has lots of great stuff and we are adding to it steadily.
Receiving Orders Remotely:
- Shipping. $8 flat rate shipping within the United States. Shipping is free for orders over $50.
- Curbside Pickup. We will place your package on the pickup location just outside our front door. The time will be pre-arranged, so that your package will not have to wait for you for long. If you order through the Online Shop, use the coupon code "CURBSIDE" at checkout to avoid the shipping fee and new will contact you to coordinate the pickup.
Classes and Gatherings
In light of current state guidelines, we have cancelled all classes and gatherings for the time being. Our classes are small, but we are not able to accommodate the social distancing recommendation, which is six feet per person, and many of our customers are among the group most vulnerable to this virus. This cancellation applies to our weekly Punchcard Clinics, as well.
We do provide knitting help via Zoom in our Remote Knit Clinic, which you can sign up for under the Classes tab or by clicking this link. We are also offering a limited number of remote classes via Zoom. Sign up for our email newsletter to find out about remote classes, or check the Classes tab for current offerings.
We hope you will follow us on social media to stay involved with Open Stitch, Knit-Alongs, and the other community activities that are continuing online.
Our Commitment to Safety
As we fill orders during this time, we are committed to following the state's guidelines about social distancing, and we promise that no one experiencing symptoms will handle your order at Northfield Yarn. Please understand, however, that due to the nature of our products we cannot disinfect them for you.
Thank you for your support as we negotiate our way through these uncertain times. Keep Calm and Cast On!