replaced by Modified Precautions 06-01-21
In-Store Shopping Resumes with Precautions
Northfield Yarn is happy to welcome shoppers into the store, but please be aware that we are taking the following precautions to keep everyone safe and to be able to stay open.
- Mask Up! We will be enforcing the state's mask mandate. This means that you must wear a mask while in the shop, and it must cover both your nose and mouth without gaps at the sides.
- Be Efficient! The days of endless browsing just for the fun of it are not quite here yet. Please limit your visit to 30 minutes.
- Keep Your Distance! Keep a distance of 6 feet between yourself and others (not in your party) while in the shop.
- Finally, this should be obvious, but please stay home if you are not feeling well. The Northfield Yarn team will do the same.
Meanwhile, we still encourage the following methods of remote shopping when it is convenient, or if you simply prefer it:
- By phone: Call us during business hours at 507-645-1330. We can take payment with a credit card or gift card number.
- By e-mail: Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org and please understand that it may take us a few hours to reply. In many cases, we are able to send photos to help you in making selections remotely. We recommend that payment for email orders be made over the phone, using a credit card or gift card number.
- Online: Check out our online shop at northfieldyarn.com. It has lots of great stuff and we are adding to it steadily.
Receiving Orders Remotely:
- Shipping. $8 flat rate shipping within the United States. Shipping is free for orders over $50.
- Curbside Pickup. We will place your package on the pickup location just outside our front door. The time will be pre-arranged, so that your package will not have to wait for you for long. If you order through the Online Shop, use the option "pickup" at checkout to select a time.
Classes and Gatherings
In light of current state guidelines, we have cancelled all classes and gatherings for the time being. Our classes are small, but we are not able to accommodate the social distancing recommendation, which is six feet per person, and many of our customers are among the group most vulnerable to this virus. This cancellation applies to our weekly Punchcard Clinics, as well.
We do provide knitting help via Zoom in our Remote Knit Clinic, which you can sign up for under the Classes tab or by clicking this link. We are also offering a limited number of remote classes via Zoom. Sign up for our email newsletter to find out about remote classes, or check the Classes tab for current offerings.
We hope you will follow us on social media to stay involved with Open Stitch, Knit-Alongs, and the other community activities that are continuing online.
Our Commitment to Safety
As we fill orders during this time, we are committed to following the state's guidelines about social distancing, and we promise that no one experiencing symptoms will handle your order at Northfield Yarn. Please understand, however, that due to the nature of our products we cannot disinfect them for you.
Thank you for your support as we negotiate our way through these uncertain times. Keep Calm and Cast On!