As soon as HiKoo Kenzie hit the scene back in 2013, we were instantly in love with this unique, light-worsted tweed. It's a finely tuned combination of New Zealand merino, nylon, angora, alpaca, and silk noils, and it works up into a soft fabric that develops a bit of a halo after washing.
Sadly, we just learned that the mill that has been making Kenzie has closed down. HiKoo tried to find another mill, but apparently they haven't found one willing to work with Kenzie's unusual fiber combination.
The bottom line is that what we have on the shelves is all we have left. We do have sweater quantities in a few colors, and LOTS of color options for accessories. Colors with low quantity are currently discounted by 30%, both online and in the shop.
Want a little pattern inspiration? We've got a lot of ideas! (Note: Links go to Ravelry.)
- Pine Bough Cowl, by Dianna Walla
- Colormatic Cowl, by Michelle Hunter
- Cable Channel pillow, by Michelle Hunter
- Kenzie Shawl, by Stephen West
- We have a nice shop sample of Tin Can Knit's Barley Hat made in Kenzie (pictured below)
- I made Isabell Kraemer's Indigo Frost for myself in grey and blues, and was very pleased with the results!