Designed by Courtney Kelley, the School House Hat is modeled after a cap her mother wore as a schoolgirl in the 1950s, knit by her grandmother. While inspired by a hat for children, it’s also a perfect hat for the young-at-heart! This vintage style is super flattering with bangs, a curly shag haircut, or with braids.
Beginning and ending with i–cord ties, the School House Hat is knit ear to ear with short–rows worked to create shaping at the back of the head. The hat is finished off with a big pompom.
This kit contains:
- 1 skein of Germantown Bulky in cocoa brown
- 1 leather hat tag & matching winding
- Year of Bulky Hats pattern download postcard
- Year of Bulky Hats sticker
- Screen printed muslin bag
Germantown Bulky details:
- Bulky weight, #5
- 100% North American wool
- 123 yds (112 m) per 100g skein
- Needles: US 9-11 (5.5-8mm)
- Hand wash, dry flat. Do not tumble dry.