Cumbria - Castlerig
The Fibre Company's Cumbria is a classic worsted weight yarn in saturated colours inspired by the countryside of the Northwest United Kingdom. In combining the brown wool from English Masham with a fine Mohair from Argentina, a strength, lustre and warmth is produced that is ideal for handmade staples. These two fibres are blended with a fine South American Merino to give the final yarn the softness and beautiful hand that defines The Fibre Co. yarns. The resulting light brown-grey shade is then over-dyed creating lovely deep saturated colours. The cream shade and all heathers use a natural ecru Masham.
Made in Peru.
- Fiber Content: 60% merino wool, 30% masham wool, 10% mohair
- Yarn Weight: Worsted (#4)
- Yardage / Unit Weight: 236 y (216 m) / 100 g (3.5 oz)
- Gauge: 18-20 stitches = 4 in (10 cm)
- Suggested Needle Size: US 6-8 (4.0-5.0 mm)
- Care: Gently hand wash colors separately in cool water, dry flat
**NOTE: We do the best we can to present accurate images of our yarns. However, computer & mobile devices may not reliably display the actual color of a product. If you are trying to match a color or dye lot exactly, please call the shop for help.