Needle Felted Hearts: Saturday, February 11, 1:00 - 3:00pm
Instructor: Jody Ouradnik
Dates: Saturday, February 11, 1:00 - 3:00pm
Cost: $25 (includes 1 felting needle & enough roving for 1 heart)
Special Note: Felting needles are very sharp. This class is limited to participates 12 years of age or older.
Come create a needle-felted Valentine for your Special Someone! During this 2 hour class, you will learn basic needle-felting techniques and use cookie cutters to create a shape that can be made into a brooch, pendant, small ornament, or put on a Valentine’s Day card. After creating your heart out of roving, you can use beads and bits of yarn to embellish it and make it unique. Let your creative juices flow!
Skill Level: Beginner. No needle-felting experience necessary.
Supplies to bring to class:
(registered students receive 10% off class supply purchases, excluding patterns)
- 1/2 oz roving (your choice of color) for the main shape (included in class fee)
- Triangular felting needle (any size between #34 - #40) (included in class fee)
- Foam felting pad, at least 1" larger on all sides than your cookie cutter
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter (or your preferred shape)
- If you do not have a heart-shaped cutter, you can bring any small cookie cutter that is a shape you’d like to use, or you can borrow a cookie cutter from the instructor (not guaranteed to be heart-shaped). Your cookie cutter needs to be completely open on both the top and the bottom.
- Optional: Additional roving, yarn, or beads for embellishment. The instructor will also have some beads and other supplies for embellishing your needle-felted shape
* See the main Classes page for our policy about class changes and cancellations.