Wave Scarf (PDF)
The interesting texture of this scarf is made possible by the fact that Berroco makes Ultra Alpaca and Ultra Alpaca Fine in matching colors. If you work the correct number of rows with each yarn in the 4-row repeating pattern, you will not need to cut the yarn, but can carry it up the side. Some rows are worked with the yarns held together.
- Craft: Knitting
- Designer: Cynthia Gilbertson for Northfield Yarn
- Skill Level: Advanced Beginner / Intermediate
- Yarn/Yardage: 219 yards worsted & 433 yards fingering weight yarns. Sample was made using 1 skein Berroco "Ultra Alpaca" and 1 skein Berroco "Ultra Alpaca Fine" in the same color. Ultra Alpaca: 50% wool/50% alpaca, 219 yards/100 grams. Ultra Alpaca Fine: 50% wool/30% nylon/20% alpaca, 433 yarns/100 grams.
- Needles: US 15 needles or 24" US 15 circular needle
- Gauge: 17 stitches = 4 in
- Finished Size: Approximately 52" x 7" (If you want to make a longer scarf, you will need two skeins of Ultra Alpaca)
Add this item to your shopping cart. Complete the checkout process. The link to download your pattern will be available on your checkout page. You will also receive email confirmation with a link back to your order page for downloading your pattern.