At Northfield Yarn, we are celebrating Local Yarn Store (LYS) Day with special events, yarns and kits! Since April 27 is also the day that the City of Northfield is observing Earth Day, we are especially proud to feature two local fiber farmers and their animals at our shop that day. Supporting local businesses, supporting local farmers, and learning more about where the yarns we love so much come from are all an important part of creating a vibrant community.
Here are some of our LYS Day events and specials:
- Pop-up shop featuring the yarns and fibers of Alejandra Sanchez of A Woolen Forest from 10 am – 5:30 pm. Alejandra will have Jasper, one of her angora rabbits, with her, and will be available to talk about raising angora rabbits, spinning fiber, and growing plants for natural dyeing. Alejandra will have angora and wool yarn and roving for sale, along with natural dye plant seeds.
- Pop-up shop featuring the yarns of Jody and Jessica Grund of The Grazing Goat Ranch from 1 – 5 pm. Jody and Jessica will have Rosemary and Dill, two bottle baby angora goats, with them, and will be available to talk about raising angora goats. Jody and Jessica will have mohair yarn for sale.
- LYS Day colorways from Knitted Wit and Koigu, plus a free pattern with any purchase of Knitted Wit yarn.
- LYS Day shawl kits from SweetGeorgia and Kelbourne Woolens.
- A brand-new cowl kit from Rewya Fibers.
- A free pattern booklet with any purchase of Berroco yarns.
- A download code for a free digital copy of any Pom Pom magazine back issue with the purchase of any Pom Pom book or magazine.
- DOUBLE POINTS on your Frequent Fiber Card.
- A raffle for a special gift basket worth $50; everyone spending $30 or more at the shop on Saturday will get one entry into the raffle!
Other special events in downtown Northfield on Saturday, April 27
Saturday, April 27 is a busy day in our town! It’s Earth Day in Northfield, with special events planned in Bridge Square and Armory Square. Our neighbors at Content Bookstore are celebrating Independent Bookstore Day and will have many new goodies in store! A little further up the street, Games N’ Geek is hosting a weekend tournament at their store and the Archer House Inn. We encourage you to take part in other local events, to consider carpooling and allow extra time for parking, and to be aware that downtown Northfield will be very lively on April 27!
About Local Yarn Store Day
Local Yarn Store Day is a brick and mortar shop appreciation day created by the TNNA Yarn Group. Launched in 2018, the second annual Local Yarn Store Day will take place on April 27 and is designed to show support for small businesses while bringing together a unique community of knitters, crocheters, weavers and spinners to drive awareness and celebrate the craft. Vendors and retailers alike are coming together to showcase the benefits of locally owned yarn stores through an array of special products, classes and more!